Lund

Where we roam with the deer and the antelope.

Christmas in Oregon

Christmas in Oregon

Monday, November 2, 2009

9-0

What a year to be a Hawkeye fan, eh? Dave and I witnessed our first Hawkeye victory at Kinnick stadium on Halloween. Iowa has never in their history been 9-0 and are probable Big 10 champions. It was a nice, sunny, but windy day in Iowa City and we weaved our way through lots of excited and very tipsy fans to get to our seats. Despite 6 turnovers (including 4 interceptions in the third quarter!!) the Hawkeyes stole a win from the shell-shocked Hoosiers of Indiana, thanks to 28 fourth-quarter points. Needless to say, it was a very exciting game.

2 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

Okay, I'm on board. Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

wendy said...

No worries, Mom. I tried to hold out too. The fans here are crazy! I was a little annoyed at first but now I have joined their ranks!