Lund

Where we roam with the deer and the antelope.

Christmas in Oregon

Christmas in Oregon

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bookshelf of Memories

So, today I had an emotional moment. Yeah, I have a lot of time to think about things while I am mindlessly cleaning windows, walls, carpets, sinks, etc. I've learned a lot about myself these past weeks while I have had so much time to think, but that's a subject for another blog post. Anyway, today as I was cleaning a classroom, I had to move a bookshelf. The bookshelf reminded me of our little family bookshelf now tucked away in Gabe's closet. Just as I was pulling books off  to more easily move the shelf, the Coldplay song "O" played over my headphones with the line, "One minute they arrive, Next you know they're gone. They fly on." Books such as Tiki Tiki Tembo, Corduroy, Madeline, Curious George tumbled in front of me and my mind was flooded with memories long since past of reading to little ones. One advantage of working by yourself is if you want to cry, you don't have to worry about who is around to see you. So I took advantage of that perk and had a good little cry. Nothing prepares you for the departure of your children. Just like the song, "One minute they arrive, Next you know they're gone". I am happy that they are building their own lives and families. That's what life is all about. So, fly on.

1 comment:

wendy said...

Hey Mom. How am I just seeing this post? The e-mails from blogger go to a weird folder on my e-mail. Thanks for reading to us! I just found Camilla's new hairdo on Ebay, so of course I bought it. We also recently checked out Owen, Fluffy the Porcupine and Where the Wild Things are from the library. And of course we own Madeline, Corduroy, Frog and Toad, and Tiki Tiki Tembo. Those are sweet sweet memories. The awesome part is now you can read those books to your grandkids and make even more memories!