Lund

Where we roam with the deer and the antelope.

Christmas in Oregon

Christmas in Oregon

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Calling All Fellow Resolution Makers!

Hey guys!

So I just can never let a New Years go without making some impossibly unattainable goals. So, I thought I might throw out a call for inspiration. Anybody out there as manic as I am about making goals? I'm actually just looking for some more lighthearted ideas. Like the kid on the the ATandT? commercial who says he's going to have more jelly beans for his New Years "revolution".

 I don't need any ideas on how to be more serious in goal making. I'm an expert there. I just want to have a little more fun this year. Not that last year was not fun with 4 graduations, 2 missionaries, and a wonderfully cute new grandson. Whew! I'm looking for goals that I actually look forward to and are FUN and of course SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely). See, there's my serious side.

Wendy's friend, Heather, had some great goals for 2013. Just three: 1) Run 13 half marathons in 2013 2) Try all 48 flavors of BYU ice cream and 3) Find one thing in her house every day to donate to D.I. (I could probably find 10 and never make a dent) And she achieved all 3.

So, that's sort of what I'm looking for. Additionally, I'm just interested in what you do. Maybe we could inspire each other. So send your comments about goals/resolutions and whether you set them or not. How you track them and if you've been successful. Your ideas would be much appreciated. I'll let you know what I decide to do. That's going to be scary for me because then I will be accountable. Yikes!!!!!

No comments: