Lund

Where we roam with the deer and the antelope.

Christmas in Oregon

Christmas in Oregon

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Wait is Over. . .

No, I'm not talking about the return of Downton Abbey. I'm talking my final revelation of the goals I have set for 2014. I know you have been sitting on the edge of your seats just waiting for this next installment in my exciting life.I had a really hard time narrowing it down. I could have had 14, but since 7 is a divisor of 14, I went with that. Drum roll please.......My 2014 goals are: (You may notice a theme as I am inspired by Peter's birthday and the current year)
1) 14 Dates with Bill. And no, Sportscenter does not count.
2) 14 Family names to take to the temple.
3) 14 Acts of service that I don't usually do. Just an excuse to add a picture of my fam.
4) Read 28 books goodreads.com has a book challenge.
5) 14 completed art projects. Watch out, you may receive one of my "projects".
(just another cute picture)
6) Plan 5 days of meals and record what I eat. myfitnesspal.com has a great food and fitness tracker. If I don't plan, everything but the kitchen sink goes in my mouth.
7) Last but not least, you are not finished hearing from me because I will post 14 times to my blog. Rest assured that I have counted my previous posts this year already!

So, there you have it Lisa version 2014.1. Don't worry, I will keep you posted as to my progress. I'm sure you will be just waiting for it like you have for the new Sherlock.  I have this nifty goal tracker on my phone so I will see them every day. If you have any goals you would like to share, I would love to hear from you.

5 comments:

wendy said...

Awesome goals, Mom! You've inspired me to set some. I've been mulling a few over in my mind but tonight I'm going to write them down on stone.... or paper. Either way they're going to be legit! I love that first picture of you and Dad. That was parent's weekend, right? You both look so happy. Oh and that book I told you about was "THe Hiding Place." It'd be a great one for book club because there's a lot to talk about.

Lisa Harris said...

Thanks Wendy! I feel so much better when I have some direction to my life. I just got The Hiding Place yesterday.

Gramp Guipre said...

You guys always have such nice daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly plans. Happiness seems to be the major blog because you are all so happy. I don't think that is your goal because you have accomplished that one, right?
Love, Gramp Guipre

Gramp Guipre said...

I have never seen a better example of a family than what Bill and Lisa have accomplished. When you live in an area where choices are very limited you do the best you can. It is very obvious you have scored a "10" raising your family. Through love and prayer your family has succeeded where most families fail. I have never seen a family exhibit as much love towards each other as the Harris family does in Lund, NV! As teachers, you are very successful at home as well as at the school house. Love is the key to success and the Harris family is very successful. Love is the KEY and you have opened the door!

Gramp Guipre said...

I have never seen a better example of a family than what Bill and Lisa have accomplished. When you live in an area where choices are very limited you do the best you can. It is very obvious you have scored a "10" raising your family. Through love and prayer your family has succeeded where most families fail. I have never seen a family exhibit as much love towards each other as the Harris family does in Lund, NV! As teachers, you are very successful at home as well as at the school house. Love is the key to success and the Harris family is very successful. Love is the KEY and you have opened the door!